Each year, I challenge myself to read as many books as I can. Yet, I don’t finish the challenge for some reason.
This year though, I’m determined to read the amount I challenge myself to read and maybe more. It’s fun, and makes me really want to do my best in getting to reading like I used to.
In this post, I’m sharing some of the books I read and love. Also, to make it easy for you I divided them into sections.
- Books related more to business and entrepreneurship.
- Books related to art, design, and painting.
- Books related to life.
Business and Entrepreneruship Books:
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen and James Fallows
- Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team by Simon Sinek
- Art Money & Success: A complete and easy-to-follow system for the artist who wasn’t born with a business mind by Maria Brophy
- How to win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Art, Design, and Painting Books:
- The Ch’i of the Brush: Capturing the Spirit of Nature with Chinese Brush Painting Techniques by NanRae
- Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers by Marcos Mateu-Mestre
- The Golden Secrets of Lettering: Letter Design from First Sketch to Final Artwork by Martina Flor
- In Progress: See Inside a Lettering Artist’s Sketchbook and Process, from Pencil to Vector (Hand Lettering Books, Learn to Draw Books, Calligraphy Workbook for Beginners) by Jessica Hische
- Sketching for Animation: Developing Ideas, Characters and Layouts in Your Sketchbook (Required Reading Range) by Peter Parr
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up) by Marie Kondo
- The Artist’s Way Workbook by Julia Cameron
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles
- What Great Storytellers Know: Seven Skills to Become Your Most Influential and Inspiring Self by Bernadette Jiwa
- bBoundary Boss: The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free by Terri Cole
There are many more books to recommend for each category but I limited them to 5 each for this post. I can recommend a list of useful books in the future too. Keep checking this blog for more recommendations in the near future. Doing this once a month is good, isn’t it?