I took an online course on how to draw fashion creatively with Ioana Avram. That’s how I knew how to draw fashion figures.
However, for practicing painting fashion illustrations, Vogue’s website helped me a lot: Fashion Shows
Books on fashion drawing:
- Fashion Portfolio: design and presentation by Anna Kiper.
- Fashion Illustration: Inspiration and technique by Anna Kiper.
Aside from my visits to Turkey, I constantly read the following books to learn more about designing Ottoman patterns:
- Tezhip by Hacer Sönmez
- Turk Tezyini Sanatlarinda Desen Tasarımı Çizim Tekniği Ve Çeşitleri by İnci A. Birol
- Rumi Cizim ve Teknikleri by Sabiha Bayhan Koç
- Turkish Motifs by Cahide Keskiner
- Islamic Art of Illumination by Sema Onat
- Turk Sanatinda Desen ve Kurgu by Prof. İlhan Özkeçeci
- Turkish Tiles by Özlem İnay Erten and Oğuz Erten
- Türk Tezyini Sanatlarinda Motifler (Motifs in Turkish Decorative Arts) by Dr. İnci A. Birol and Prof. Dr. Çiçek Derman
Also, I took a ‘Tezhip or Gilding’ course with Dilara Yarci. And I’m currently studying with another teacher named ‘Sifa Toptas’.
Other books on Patterns and Islamic Art:
Lettering, Typography, and Calligraphy:
I find SeanWes website very informative when it comes to lettering and typography. I get inspired by his style a lot so it’s a good start for anyone wanting to learn about this art.
To read more regarding this category, you can find the information on Artista’s blog: Blog
Geometry and Islamic Art:
Eric Brough published several books on Geometric patterns which I find very good source for understanding this art. He also offers an online class on Udemy which you can find here:
- Islamic Design by Daud Sutton
- Ruler and Compass by Andrew Sutton
Music on Youtube:
I use Royalty free music from the following website for my videos:
Lastly, my travels with my family have inspired me a lot and I was presented with different landscapes and cultures. That had a huge impact on my life and my career. I was able to take many photos that I still use to this day.
This page will be constantly updated whenever I find useful resources.
Last update: November 11, 2019.
ⓒ Anwaar S. AlAsousi, 2019